26 March 2012

Woes of the True Policeman



WOES OF THE TRUE POLICEMAN (2012)


5. In addition to translating Bolaño, you’ve translated a lot of other great Latin American writers like Pedro Juan Gutierrez and Mario Vargas Llosa. What are your upcoming projects?
I’m working on what seems to be the final posthumous novel by Bolaño to be discovered: The Woes of the True Policeman. After that: not sure. I’ll definitely feel a little bereft after 6+ years of almost all Bolaño all the time.

– from "Interview with Natasha Wimmer", 18 May 2011, Hey Small Press!

>> Read more.



3 comments:

  1. Intriguing title. I think I'm going to attempt to complete Bolaño next year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another addition to the Bolano legacy? Agree with Sèamus about the title.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Séamus, a happy task ahead of you.

    Gary, I think Bolaño translations will still run until 2015.

    ReplyDelete